The Peterborough Merit Precision Jr. A Lakers are turning to some winners to get the team...
Upcoming Practices & Games
- Province offers a lifeline to Peterborough tourism operators May 13, 2021Peterborough tourism operators struggling during the pandemic lockdowns are getting a helping hand from the provincial government in the form of a one-time payment called the Ontario Tourism and Travel Small Business Support Grant. The grant, available to eligible small tourism and travel businesses, will offer between $10,000 and $20,000 to businesses that have not […]
- Larger setbacks urged for marijuana farms in Selwyn Township May 13, 2021Meridian Planning Consultants is recommending the minimum setback from lot lines for cannabis cultivation sites be changed from 50 metres to 300 metres in Selwyn Township.“It may still be too little in some cases, depending on context,” said Nick McDonald, president of Meridian Planning Consultants, during a township council meeting Thursday.The report looked at the […]
- ‘End of an era’ for Peterborough as Greyhound halts bus routes May 13, 2021The permanent discontinuing of all Greyhound Canada bus routes across the country after 90 years in business signals “the end of an era,” said Stuart Harrison, general manager of the Peterborough Chamber of Commerce.The move to cut service will certainly inconvenience people, he said, but apparently not enough people to continue doing business.“These sorts of […]
- Hope grows for approval of supervised drug consumption, treatment centre for Peterborough May 13, 2021Organizers may know soon whether they will be able to offer supervised drug consumption and treatment services in downtown Peterborough.Applications were submitted in early December to both Health Canada and to the provincial government to allow those services to be added to new opioid addiction help centre on Simcoe Street in the former Greyhound bus […]
- ‘This is not the time to give up’: Salvaterra says as stay-at-home order is extended May 13, 2021Peterborough Public Health medical officer of health Dr. Rosana Salvaterra expressed support Thursday for the Ontario government’s decision to extend the COVID-19 stay-at-home lockdown order until at least June 2.“I support extending the stay-at-home order. We’re seeing cases decrease here in Peterborough, but certainly not at the rate we saw in the first two lockdowns,” […]