The Peterborough Merit Precision Jr. A Lakers are turning to some winners to get the team...
Upcoming Practices & Games
- Keep dogs safe during a Peterborough cold snap January 24, 2021As the mercury continues to dip, the Peterborough Humane Society is reminding pet owners to take extra precautions to keep animals safe during cold weather.When the temperature drops below freezing, pets should not be left outside for extended periods, the humane society advises. Cats, short-coated dogs and puppies are particularly vulnerable in cold temperatures. Keep […]
- Far-right newspaper delivered free to Peterborough homes January 24, 2021Laura Bierema said she was “disgusted” to recently find a copy of The Epoch Times, a far-right, Falun Gong-related newspaper that reports glowingly on former U.S. President Donald Trump, delivered unbidden to her home in Peterborough.“I was so insulted and angry that a piece of garbage like that was put on my porch … This […]
- Nine new cases of COVID-19 cases in Peterborough area January 23, 2021There were nine new cases of COVID-19 reported in Peterborough and area Saturday.This brings to 511 the number of cases confirmed since March.There are 47 active cases and 457 resolved, and there have been seven deaths.Peterborough Public Health, which covers the city and county, Curve Lake First Nation and Hiawatha First Nation, has tested 41,000 […]
- Photos: Peterborough police ticket lockdown protesters January 23, 2021Some members of a group protesting the province’s lockdown measures outside City Hall Saturday were ticketed by city police Saturday.City police stated that there were 15 to 18 people gathered when officers arrived, and police were able to turn 10 other people away. Three $880 tickets were issued.Group members, carrying signs with messages critical of […]
- Town Ward: Peterborough’s Public Energy returns with new online performance January 23, 2021Public Energy Performing Arts is thrilled to announce its first full-length show in almost a year: “John and Waleed” on Jan. 31 at 7:30 p.m. This is a free event, and no ticket is required.John Milard, originally from Kitchener, and Waleed Abhulamid, originally from Khartoum, Sudan, together tell a story of cultural intersection. The journey […]