The Peterborough Merit Precision Jr. A Lakers are turning to some winners to get the team...
Upcoming Practices & Games
- Wolfe Street building to become emergency shelter, Peterborough city council decides October 27, 2020City councillors gave final approval on Monday to convert the empty city-owned office building on Wolfe Street into an emergency homeless shelter with 50 beds, open 24-7.The vote came after council heard a plea from Dan Hennessey, an advocate for Peterborough’s marginalized people, to rethink how the shelter will be run.Hennessey asked council to make […]
- Doug Ford letting his inner dictator shine through October 27, 2020What is Doug Ford thinking? He has gone from being the most unpopular premier in Canada, prior to the pandemic, to being its second most popular, behind only British Columbia’s John Horgan.Ford is seen by most Ontarians as having done a more than credible job managing the province through the pandemic so far. Thus his […]
- Michael Peterman: Exploring and discovering on the way home to Peterborough October 27, 2020We are back this week in dangerous-sounding Ontario where, as in Quebec, COVID numbers are on a steep rise and government threats about various kinds of lockdown are part of the daily informational landscape. We left Nova Scotia on Oct. 13. The distance home is just over 2,000 kilometres and we make it a leisurely […]
- No decision on parking near Peterborough mosque October 27, 2020City council deferred a plan on Monday to impose new parking restrictions along two residential streets near the city’s only mosque after the president of the Muslim association asked councillors to reconsider.Dr. Muhammed Shaikh is a local internist and the president of the Kawartha Muslim Religious Association.He asked council at a meeting on Monday to […]
- Council approves early negotiations with Peterborough Petes October 27, 2020The Peterborough Petes want to renegotiate their Memorial Centre lease agreement with the city a year earlier than planned, and city council voted a final time Monday to allow that to happen.The Petes have a 20-year lease with the city to last from 2003 until 2023, with the option to begin negotiating a new agreement […]