The Peterborough Merit Precision Jr. A Lakers are turning to some winners to get the team...
Upcoming Practices & Games
- Peterborough County dog owners charged after other pets injured December 2, 2020Two owners of dogs allegedly involved in attacks face Dog Owners’ Liability Act charges after an investigation by Peterborough County OPP.OPP officers were called to a Moodie Drive home in Douro-Dummer on Oct. 31 to investigate an incident on Kinsale Road in Selwyn Township where a dog was allegedly attacked by another dog and suffered […]
- Two Fairhaven residents still dealing with COVID-19 December 2, 2020Another Fairhaven resident has recovered from COVID-19, leaving two residents of the long-term care home in intensive care.The Dutton Road facility has had 20 residents diagnosed with the coronavirus. Fifteen have recovered, two remain in isolation and three have died. Among staff and caregivers, there have been five cases, all of which are considered resolved.No […]
- Man pleads guilty in 2019 Peterborough stabbing case December 2, 2020Assistant Crown attorney Kelly Eberhard says there’s no rhyme or reason for why Micah Drynan plunged a knife into Nicholas Monahan in the summer of 2019.“It was a dangerous and risky act,” Eberhard said, adding it’s only because of good fortune that Drynan wasn’t facing murder charges.“This could have very easily marked the end of […]
- Peterborough Sport and Wellness Centre pool could close for summer December 2, 2020The Peterborough Sport and Wellness Centre may undergo $3.25 million in renovations in 2021 that would close the pool for next summer.At a general committee meeting on Tuesday, councillors asked city staff apply for a bit more than $1 million from the federal and provincial governments in COVID stimulus funding to help pay for the […]
- Peterborough one step closer to ‘Healthy Planet Arena’ December 2, 2020City councillors say they’re interested in a sponsorship arrangement that would see The Evinrude Centre renamed Healthy Planet Arena.Healthy Planet Canada is prepared to pay $240,000 over 10 years for the twin-pad arena’s naming rights, and at a committee meeting on Tuesday councillors gave the plan preliminary approval. "This is an opportunity — we are […]